Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Thankfulness Abounds

This is cross-posted from Seven Inches of Service. This week we decided to make a short list of things (Military-related of course) that we are thankful for. The rest of the posts are up. Go check them out. Here is mine:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
As Thanksgiving rapidly approaches, I am again reminded of how much I have to be thankful for. I truly am a lucky girl. I am surrounded by wonderful, caring people and I am blessed to count them as friends. As I look back at my life since the military became such a part of my existence, I am a bit overwhelmed by how fortunate I have been and how many fantastic opportunities I have had.
It was difficult to pare down the list of things I am thankful for...however, I still have much cooking and baking to finish this afternoon, so this is a truncated and more generic list than I would normally write. So, here are some of the important ones.
  1. I am thankful I live in this country and the freedoms that living here affords.
  2. I am thankful for the men and women of all branches of the Armed Services both past and present for their tireless service and sacrifice to keep this country safe and free.
  3. I am thankful for the wonderful family members who brought Clark into my life in the first place. Without them my life would have turned out so differently, and I wouldn't know any of these wonderful people.
  4. I am so blessed to have all of my Service Sisters. They have been the most wonderful support system for the last few years. I don't know where I would be without these incredible ladies.
  5. I am thankful for all the ways that Clark has touched my life. Words are not enough to say how deeply he has impacted my soul. So thank you, Clark. You are an amazing man.
It is my hope that ya'll have a wonderful Thanksgiving, wherever you are, in the world and in life. Have a blessed holiday!