Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Back to Life

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
I am home. Well, I am back to work at least. My mini-vacation is over. Four days off from work, two of which were spent driving...I am tired. It was a wonderful trip though.

My extended family went to Disneyland (I say "went" though as I type most of them are still playing in the Magic Kingdom) and I brought along Grace and G. We drove down after G closed the bar on Saturday night...technically it was Sunday morning.

We spent two days at Disneyland and it was wonderful!! I honestly think that as amusement parks and tourist traps go, it really is the "happiest place on earth". When I'm there, I'm like a little kid; everything is new and exciting and fun. It's good to have that escape every now and then. It has been a long time since I have been able to set aside all of the stress and drama that surrounds me. But for two days, I was able to return to the child I am at heart.

Anyway, there is much to write and so little time to order my thoughts. I know I am rarely at a loss for words and that continues to be true despite the lack of posting that appears to contradict my statement. I am hoping to have time to at least breathe in the near future. I went four days without meaningful sleep of any sort from Thursday to Monday. Though I finally slept last night. It's the first time in over a month that I've slept an entire night through...I woke up for OIF times, but that doesn't even count anymore-- it's such a normal part of my sleep pattern.

G-ma leaves on Saturday and that is an event I would prefer not to think about. I haven't been able to spend hardly any time with her on this trip though I have seen her dozens of times. That fact saddens me because I won't see her again until February. Sometimes I'm still angry at my grandpa for bullying her into moving...she cries whenever we talk and it rips my heart out each and every time. I know that it's partly for selfish reasons that I want her to be closer to me again...but I miss her terribly these days.

I won't be around much tonight either...I have to be at the fire station as soon as I get done with work. Afterwards, I am going to visit Kee. He has answers and I have questions; so I decided that now is an excellent time. My soul is very restless today...there is something in the air...I have felt the pull from many directions. I know several others feel it today as well. Kee calms me; and that is what I need right now.

On a happier note, Jean and Spencer's wedding picture proofs came back. I've seen some of the pictures and this weekend, I'm going to look at all of them with Jean. I am so very excited for her!

ooh, and one more thing. The fabulous and talented Ms. Rae has a new home. Go visit her. Congrats Rae, it looks fantastic!