Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Part Two

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
I have a few moments of downtime here at work, so in the midst of my work blogging, I will take some time to keep writing about this weekend. Saturday was, for me at least, spent trying to rid my body of an awful migraine. I passed out for about four hours in the afternoon before the pain was under control. I am so grateful for painkillers...I don't know how in the world my grandparents survived their migraines years ago. I have a high pain tolerance, but this tests every limit I have.

Anyway, I intended to go to bed early since my head was still foggy even though the pain was gone. I almost succeeded too...but G called and woke me up a little before midnight. She claimed to be having some sort of glitter emergency. (It was Halloween dress-up night at her bar) At any rate, I had indeed promised to go see her in her "princess angel" costume, so Grace and I headed out for a quick visit. As referenced in the previous post, short stays are strictly verboten these days if Kee has anything to say about it. I managed to get us out of there and home by 3:30am...a good thing since i had to be up early the next morning.

Now, normally I would bitch and moan about having to wake up anytime before 10 on a Sunday morning...but this time it was a non-issue...I couldn't wait for Sunday to arrive. T and I went to a Niners game!! It was sooo much fun! As most of ya'll know, I am a die-hard fan...I've loved 'em through the Dynasty years and through the years like now, where they only win by accident.

This game was the best possible match-up in my mind...the Niners were playing the Bucs who happen to be my other favorite team. It was a really good game and made even better by the fact that my Niners actually won something.

I was stoked because my quaterback even started. :-) 'Bout friggin' time I tell ya!! I am a huge Ken Dorsey fan. I think he has the potential to be a fantastic QB...I am a big enough girl to admit when I am wrong and that is exactly what i had to do with Ken...when he was first picked up, I was not impressed...Clark was Dorsey's biggest champion...and yes, i had to eat many words during that first season. I am totally converted now...Dorsey rocks!! (I'm still pissed off that my damn Bucs broke him) I also got to watch my other favorite young player: Brandon Lloyd. I was a huge fan of his from the moment I first saw him practice after the draft. After watching a few catches, I called James and told him that I was positive that givent he opportunity, Lloyd would be the new Jerry Rice...which as any self-respecting football fan knows, borders on sacrilege. Favorable comparisons to Rice are not said lightly. ;-) I fully stand behind that one though.

Anyway, T got us incredible seats and we had a blast!! I haven't had that much fun in a long time. So, thanks T.

After we got back from the City, Jean had dinner ready for everyone. I finally got home around 9 or so...just in time to hang out with Grace and Jeanne. Good times had by all. :-D

Ok, back to the salt mines, I have more to say but work beckons...nay demands...my attention.