Monday, January 09, 2006

Pony

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
I first heard this song on a cd from a dear friend and I immediately fell in love with it. It's disturbingly amusing how easily the lyrics are changed into exactly what I want when I grow up. I have so many thoughts swirling through my head, I can't seem to catch hold of a single one to write it down.

I've been reminded recently by some friends who look out for my well-being even when I don't (Thanks by the way; you guys rock!) that I can't solve all of the world's problems and I can't save everyone. I am trying to step away from my She-ra self, as Clark used to call it. I won't walk away from my friends when they need me, but I am also trying to let them be more responsible for themselves. I can't be accountable for everyone. Besides, at some point I have to focus on the things I want for me...

Pony ~ Kasey Chambers

When I grow up, I want a pony
I'm gonna ride her from dusk 'til dawn
I'll brush her mane and feed her sugar cane
And keep her in safe from the storm.

If I had a pony, I wonder could I be your girl?

When I grow up, I want a baby
I'm gonna name it after Ralph Stanley.
And I sure won't mind when it cries all night
Just as long as it looks like me.

If I had a baby, I wonder could I be your girl?
Odelay Odelow, you rock my world
Odelay Odelow, when I grow up I wanna be your girl

When I grow up, I want a cowboy
With dust all over his jeans
With a horse named Jack and a 10 gallon hat
He is nice but he looks so mean.

If you were a cowboy, I wonder could I be your girl?
Odelay Odelow, you rock my world
Odelay Odelow, when I grow up I wanna be your girl


When I grow up, I'll be a lady
All of my rings will be made of gold
I'll keep flowers in my room, I'll wear purfume
I won't listen to rock 'n' roll.

If I was a lady, I wonder could I be your girl?
Odelay Odelow, you rock my world
Odelay Odelow Odelay, when I grow up I wanna be

When I grow up I wanna be
When I grow up I wanna be your girl

When I grow up I want a pony
When I grow up I want a baby
When I grow up I want a cowboy
When I grow up I'll be a lady