Friday, December 16, 2005

It's Official

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
I am now officially a starving college student once again. I found out this morning that all my paperwork is in order and I was able to register for classes. Before ya'll get too excited, it's just community college and it's only part-time. But I am going back to school...of my own volition even. :-) I never thought I would be excited to go back (I was so burned out when I quit last time) but here I am almost two years later. I am taking classes I want to take; not following any specific checklist. I don't have any particular paper goal in mind yet...one step at a time.

I am in a good place these days. I am still withdrawn and introverted; but I am balanced and I am happy. I'm still not using too many words at this time; but I am perfectly ok with that. I haven't been sleeping much, but now the sleep I get is more peaceful. It's nice to feel the difference when you find someone who calms you: mind, body and soul. As is always the case for me, this situation is complex and confusing...but I haven't been so grounded and happy in a long time; so right now I refuse to question it. I am so certain in what I know to be true that even being patient doesn't seem daunting.

For the first day in a long while, the gloomyness of the day outside is having no effect on my mood. Happy Friday ya'll. I hope it's a good one. I will be spending my weekend helping my mom and my nieces prepare Christmas candy and cookies. I think I might just be able to get into the Christmas spirit this year after all.