Thursday, May 19, 2005

Some People's Kids...


So now that ya’ll have some background on the “relationship” between myself and that asshole, I will explain why I am so enraged. Yes I do realize that is a very strong word…I mean it too.

I found out last night that because he doesn’t like me (so that’s an understatement but we all know the feeling is mutual) he is making my cadets pay for it in the most childish, immature display I have seen in years. As ya’ll may have heard me talk about before, I train fire cadets every week…they are a great group of high school kids who want to have careers in the fire service. Anyway, our kids work their little butts off all year long doing community service projects, usually through the Fire Department.

Since the kids aren’t allowed to solicit money or earn money for their training, trips or projects, we have to rely on donations. That’s really not a big deal because the kids like to help out in the community and most organizations are happy to donate money for the kids.

In the past, the career firefighters have been very generous with our cadets, and in return, the kids are ALWAYS there to help them out…I mean for the last 8 years, the cadets haven’t missed an event. And now, we are about to be royally fucked and most of the career staff doesn’t even know it’s happening. Well, that was before I found out about it…I was told, by a reliable source (it’s first hand info after all) that we are being purposely cut out of the donations…

The asshole has taken over the July 4th fundraiser and has the fantastic (read with sarcasm) idea of donating all the proceeds to a youth centered cause (well duh) in the community. There is a list of three or four organizations that he has chosen to allow the rest of the firefighters to vote on regarding who gets their money this year. One of these causes is headed up by his mommy dearest…see any conflict of interest here? Please note that my cadets were excluded from the list completely…when my source motioned to have them added to the list he was told that the list was complete. But he was more than willing to let my cadets work the whole event before being told they were shit outta luck in the donation department…it’s not like these kids are all about the money…they don’t care, but it is the only way they can get their training and trips funded.

Apparently, in order for us to make the list he wants to be allowed to be in a leadership position over my cadets…that is so not gonna happen even if hell does freeze over…please refer to the previous post…I WILL NOT allow him around my underage girls…not gonna happen. It appears that he is perfectly ok with being childish and immature and punishing these cadets (who don’t even know the history…I really don’t drag everyone into my ish) because of his issues with me. He even said as much…not to my face of course…I always hear it in a roundabout fashion…you’d think even he would know by now that if talk shit about me or my program, it will get back to me and you won’t like what happens next…

Yup, I’m about to take action…I’ll be making some phone calls this weekend…I’ve got friends on the board…and I’m fairly certain there are several firefighters who will not sit by and watch my cadets suffer for one little boy’s pride…

Posted by Hello