Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Something to Smile About


It’s gray and dreary here in the Sacto valley. In fact, it’s raining today. It’s the middle of May, most places in Cali have sun and heat…we have rain…sigh. Oh well, I’m getting out! Temporarily of course. As of Thursday, I get four whole days of fun, sun, and San Diego. I can’t wait to get home! It’s only been three weeks since my last visit, but it feels like forever.

I’m going to clarify this visit, lest anyone think I actually get to jet around the country vacationing. ;-) This is (hopefully) going to be a working trip. I am hoping to have my last round of interviews on Friday…provided the HR Director loves me as much as his assistant did.

At any rate, the original reason for this trip was to attend the wedding of a former close friend, E. We used to be pretty much best friends…man we’ve been through a lot of hell and ish together. Very little ever came between us (well except that E never liked Clark) until E got back together with his now fiancé. He’s not really allowed to talk to me; he was barely allowed to see me when I was there last time and then I had to track him down while he was at school.

When he told me he was getting married a few months ago, I was sad for him because he’s so completely lost his identity that it’s disturbing. But whatever, I will still support him because that’s what friends do. He asked me to please be at his wedding. So I rearranged some things, charged plane tickets I couldn’t afford and took a day off of work. When I saw him last month he asked me again if I would be there…because he “needs” us (Miss Jess and myself) there.

Yes, E, we’ll be there…but we’re gonna need times and directions…here we are four days before the wedding…and no invitation. It’s too late to cancel the tickets…so oh well. I will go and have fun, I’ll get to see Miss Jess, Will and hopefully Nicola.

I wish I could say that I am surprised by E…sadly that’s not the case. He’s always been flaky and Miss Jess and I have been picking up the pieces for almost four years now…that’s alright, we’ve always referred to E as our kindergartener and really that’s what he is for us. This is so typical E…it’s like flakiness is the one aspect of himself he held onto.


Sigh…I’m just so glad that it’s sunny in San Diego this week…bring on the beach! Surf, sand, drinks and friends...sounds like a plan... I have a feeling I’m gonna need it.

Posted by Hello