Friday, May 13, 2005

I'm Getting There


I decided a few months ago that instead of sitting around whining about how I am still stuck in N. Cali, I would actively try to change my situation. I have approximately 300 resumes out in five different geographical job markets. I am ready to move again...preferably back to San Diego, but I'm a little flexible in my options. I figured since I already have a decent job (the pay sucks but the knowledge is invaluable and I work with good people) there was no sense in just up and moving on a whim. I've passed that point in my life. I need a shred of stability and I am so stubborn and independent that I won't take monetary help from anyone, the whole point is to do this on my own.

Anyway, I had a few leads...I had several places tell me that I am overqualified and that they won't hire me because they think I am worth more than the salary they offer (I assume this is code for "we think you'll jump ship if you get a better offer"), they are probably right. Well, I had a promising interview in January and it didn't materialize, that's ok, I figure it just wasn't the right time or place.

Earlier this week, out of the blue, I got a call from a company in San Diego that I have applied with twice. They are one of the top four companies I actually wanted to work for if the choice was solely mine to make. I had an impromptu phone interview and the assurance that the HR Director would want to have another phone interview with me next week. Then a face to face and finally paperwork at corporate when I'm in San Diego next week. They already mapped out the timeline with me for when I would start, provided there were subsequent interview rounds and they go well.

I'm not holding my breath (blue isn't my very best color) but I am keeping my fingers crossed. It would be awesome if I got this job. It would mean moving before I had planned, but I can handle that. It also means that I have to get some of my ish in order either way. That will make for an even busier Jenn. There are still some more people that will need to know...it's also made me think about what I will miss from here...my friends...my family...my cadets...Clark...JD...

Anyway, here is today's song. Enjoy ya'll...

Everything I Want to Be ~ Save Ferris

I find myself
I'm just a wastin' my time away
No matter what I do
It always ends up the same
One minute moves
Into the next
My life was simple but now it's complex
And it doesn't seem to mean anything at all

And everything I wanna be
Is just another silly dream, you see
But I'll keep dreaming just the same

Sometimes it's hard to be me
When people stand in my way
I get so easily discouraged
Well, what can I say
They try to mess you up
They try to push you around
They'll do anything
To bring you down

Well I'm not gonna be
Stuck in mediocrity
When everybody's trying to bring me
Back down to reality
Oh, why can't they see
Just how much this means to me
Maybe one day I'll be special

Your dreams are special to you,
But maybe others don't care,
It brings you down when you find them disregarded
And when you're out on your own
It's hard to make yourself stay,
And finish up what it was that you once started
I'm not gonna be, taken down that easily
When everybody's trying to tell me
What I'm gonna have to be
Oh, why can't they see
Just how much this means to me
Maybe one day I'll be special
I'll be special

It means nothing
It means everything
It means something to me
What you tryin' to say
I'm not gonna play
in this little game
That you have created for me
You had your chance to do
What you needed to
And now it's time for me to step right up and
Spin that wheel
This time's for real

It's not gonna work this time
Cause in the end it's going to be mine
There's no need for me to stay
Cause everything is gonna go my
My way
My way, my way
My way
My way, my way
Posted by Hello