Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Striking a Balance


So, true to form for me, my day of femininity ends with me teaching fire cadets tonight. Of course we're working with rescue ladders...so not a girly skill. Hehehe. I don't mind though, and for the occasion I am bringing in a ringer. G is going to assist me tonight. I didn't feel up to the challenge of 12 eager high schoolers all on my own. (No big brother tonight, he has "real firefighter business" to attend to)

I just find it amusing that I spent the first half of my day being completely girly...a makeover at Mecca for Jean and everything. (I got the most fantastic lipstick today, by the way...thanks Jean!! Love you!) The next portion of my day consists of work...a girl's gotta earn a living after all. Then I move on to manual labor and down and dirty fire training... the truth is, I wouldn't have it any other way. I really am lucky to have these opportunities! I love it...ok so it doesn't hurt that JD is working today and I look fabulous...I know, I know...I'm a bad person...but at least I'm fun...


Posted by Hello