Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Lauren

Listen to Your Heart

Lauren

Listen to Your Heart
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

This weeks topic is one that is probably on most Army girlfriends hearts. Our soldiers are very far away and it is natural for our minds to wander, especially when we don't have communication for days, weeks, or even months at a time. So, how do you keep the doubt from destroying you?
First of all, I put trust into my boyfriend. He tells me that he is doing such and such so I believe him. Yes, this is very hard to do, especially in some circumstances, but I try my hardest. I know he loves me so I do my best to put faith into our relationship. (Praying about our relationship and his devotion also helps.)
I am also very good at asking questions. I ask and ask so that I can learn about what he is doing so that I may have a better understanding. Sometimes knowing more about what he is involved in helps me to not worry as much when I don't hear from him for a while.
I won't lie though, I am a very big worry wart. During times that I am killing myself with doubt I overanalyze everything! I find ease in talking with friends who are also military spouses, because they too know what it is like being far from their loved one. I usually get reassurance from them when they remind me that he has a job to do, even when that means he can't communicate with me. Talking, just getting it all out and off my chest, helps me. (I just feel sorry for my friends who hear me say the same thing day after day!)
The only other thing that I have found to work is reminiscing. I think back to all of our good times and things he has said to me, then I know that everything will be okay.
My only suggestion of what not to do while in doubt is leaving a message accusing him of wrongdoing. Chances are that by the time he gets it, you will have already found out what he was doing or what was going on. I know this from personal experience. lol. (Good thing I didn't say something really bad!)
So listen to your heart, not your brain!
Lauren Bacall