Thursday, September 01, 2005

Humanitarian Efforts


Ok all, I am jumping on a worthy bandwagon today. Unless you've been living under a rock (and presuming that said rock didn't blow away) ya'll know about the devastation of Hurricane Katrina. Anyway, I have friends and family who have lost homes themselves or have family in that situation. So, since today has been dubbed Blog Relief Day I have chosen a couple charities, that I have always supported to share with ya'll.

The first is World Vision. An organization that helps children of third world countries (yes I know the politically correct term is "developing nation") and poor children her in this country. I have worked with World Vision relief teams here in California and in Mexico. THey are good people and they are making a difference. If you feel so inclined, help them out.

The second is The Humane Society. Many people have been separated from their pets and shelters are beyond being overcrowded. Many shelters have been destroyed and the rebuilding isn't too high on the beaurocratic priority scale.

I have heard from most of aforementioned friends and family and I am so thankful for their safety. My thoughts and prayers go out to all of the people who have suffered the devastation of this hurricane whether it be loved ones or property.


Technorati tags: Flood aid; hurricane katrina
Posted by Picasa