Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Beautiful Baby


So, work is still frustrating the hell out of me. I am tired of being treated like a second class citizen…but whatever. Hopefully soon it will be their loss. I have just a few more changes on my resume and cover letter to get them ready to submit to CLRC (California Law Revision Commission) for an administrative assistant job. I love what I do, I’d just like to make a livable wage doing it. Is that really so much to ask??

Now for the happy stuff. (Yeah I actually have some today. Woohoo!!) I went home for lunch like I have done since I moved which is saving me so much money!! Can I tell you? I realize this seems like a given; but before I couldn’t go home for lunch and if I stay in the office I can’t get a moment’s peace. Now, I have an out!!

Anyway, the point of my story is that I gat to see Kat and baby A!!! I was so happy! I really miss her…we only see each other once or twice a year since she and hubby live so far away. But, her enlistment is up in three weeks and he is will put in for a transfer to a base in Cali. (He’s Air Force also) So maybe, just maybe, they will be back in California before too much longer. (As I typed that line, all that was going through my head was that scene from Win a Date With Tad Hamilton where Sean Hayes is dancing in the hallway singing: He’s goin’ back to Cali! He’s goin’ back to Cali!)

Baby A has got to be about the cutest little girl ever! I know I am very biased, but I’m allowed to be! ;-) I took a long lunch so that I actually had time to play with her and hand out. Mom, Dad, and Ogre came over also so it was like a whole reunion. Kat grew up in my family too, so they were all excited to see her and the baby. They fly back to Warren today though, so I am really glad I had the extra time with them.

I really do love kids…well, I like kids that aren’t monsters…that’s more truthful. Some days I really miss the daycare and all the little rug rats…


Posted by Picasa