Monday, August 22, 2005

Weekday at Last


I think I’m going to need the week to rest from the weekend. This seems to be a growing trend with me lately. Someday I will sit around and do nothing…hahahha a dream at best.

The fair was fun…well what I saw of it was fun. I didn’t get nearly the time or experience I was hoping for, but c’est la vie. Kat is here from Wyoming until Tuesday; so we saw her. We wandered through the livestock barns with her family and her beautiful baby girl…well not so little any more, she’s almost a year old! Yikes! Where has the time gone? But, I digress…

The Ogre turned 21 on Saturday. We took him to dinner and then we took he and the Cracker back home so they could drink and celebrate Ogre’s birthday in a low key manner. They drank a bottle of Jagermeister and some Jose…I’m sure assorted other things disappeared from our liquor cupboard, but I haven’t counted…I don’t want to know. They said they had fun…and since nothing was broken the next morning when Grace and I woke up…we are happy as well.

We washed Grace’s car by hand…a feat for me since I usually spend more money doing it myself than having the pros wash it for me. Hehehe, well there is a first time for everything…the car doesn’t look bad if I do say so myself. ;-)

We then drove to Napa to return the Cracker to his natural habitat. ;-) We had a wonderful and relaxing lunch with my aunt. Napa really is a beautiful town if you can steer clear of the touristy wine areas.

I also have a newfound hatred of Lexus and their drivers. I was in two near accidents yesterday…one in Jamison Canyon and the other on the 80. Neither was my fault, and both were caused by Lexus vehicles. It’s a good thing I was paying attention and that I actually had some following distance…a rarity on Cali freeways. I’m also thankful that I had new brakes installed in Kai about three months ago. Otherwise…well, we won’t go there.

We are both safe and the weekend is through. So, did anyone else do anything of interest???


Posted by Picasa