Thursday, August 18, 2005

Fabulously Fried Fair Food


Mmmmm….I love fair food. I know it’s bad for me and I love it!! Today, all of my coworkers and I went to the fair for lunch. It’s tradition around this office. Every year all the office staff goes to the fair to eat all the gross, fried, fattening foods that one can only find at a fair. I had tacos and ice cream…not just any tacos…these are fair tacos. It’s hard to describe what makes them better…just know that they are. Even with all of the “home cooking” Mexican restaurants we have in the town, no one makes tacos like this.

The other thing about our fair…it really is like “old home week” in town. I saw so many people that I haven’t seen since high school. See, I don’t hang out at the county fair much anymore. It’s been years since I went to the rodeo (like I said yesterday) and if I’m at the fair, usually I’m at the fire department’s booth. So I don’t do much wandering…just on office lunch day.

I have come to the conclusion that all fairs look and smell alike. That’s not good or bad, it just is. The weather is cooler than normal, which makes for a much happier fair-going experience. All in all…it was a good time…now if I can just drag Grace out of the house for more than the rodeo…


Posted by Picasa