Monday, August 29, 2005

Lionel for the Lonely


I got some great comments in respect to the Lionel lyrics I posted last week. Here is another of his songs that connected to my spirit...this is the song that was playing in my car as I raced down an empty strech of the 5 one night after a fight with Clark when I first realized that I might not like it, but I was going to be ok on my own. It's true, I have been...

Sail On ~ Lionel Ritchie

Sail on down the line,
'bout half a mile or so,
and I don't really wanna know,
where you're goin'
maybe once or twice you see
time after time I tried
hold on to what we got
but…now you're going!

and I don't mind about the things you're
gonna say, lord
I gave all my money and my time
I know it's a shame
but I'm giving you back your name
guess I'll be on my way
I won't be back to stay
I guess I'll move along
I'm looking for a good time!

Sail on down the line
ain't it funny how the time can go
all my friends say they told me so
but it doesn't matter.
It was plain to see
that a small town boy like me
just a wasn't your cup of tea:
I was wishful thinking!

I gave you my heart
and I tried to make you happy
and you gave me nothing in return
you know it ain't so hard to say,
“would you please just go away”
I've thrown away the blues
I'm tired of being used
I want everyone to know
I'm looking for a good time, good time!

whoa, sail on, honey!
good times never felt so good!
sail on, honey!
good times never felt so good!
sail on, sugar!
good times never felt so good!
sail on!

Posted by Picasa