Monday, May 09, 2005

Showers!!!


So yesterday I talked about showers (of the rain variety), today however, I'm actually excited about showers... an entirely different kind. So as many of you know, Jean is getting married!! I am so very excited for her. H and I are both bridesmaids... and as the best friends we get to throw the shower and plan the parties!! (Please notice that I did indeed say "get to" not "have to")

There is a simple reason for this choice of wording...first off, I absolutely adore Jean, and I want her to have a fun bridal shower that reflects her...not some generic whatever. (I know H feels the same way)

Secondly, (this one is slightly more self-serving) I know that if H and I are the ones planning the shower, then there won't be any embarrassing games and contests. No one will be wrapped in toilet paper, there will be no clothespin pinning onto anything. None of that.

That's not the kind of girl Jean is anyway, to reflect her properly, this shower is going to need to be low key, classy, must have plenty of alcohol and lots of good friends present. I can honestly say this is one of the first showers, I have looked forward to planning. This should be fun!! I'll keep ya'll posted...

Posted by Hello