Sunday, May 08, 2005

Rainy Days


It's raining today...We're in the second week of May in Cali and it's gray and rainy. It's far drearier outside than my mood actually is today. I have decided that despite the way I may come across lately, I really am in a good place. I am happy... really and truly content. I thought about that last night as I tried to fall asleep, and I realized that I am indeed content. There are many, many things I want to do in the next few years, but really, life is good.

See here's the thing, yesterday I was whiny (as I was the day before that), there is a rationale and I'm glad I can chalk it all up to hormones. Anyway, sorry for the overshare, but at least now you know I'm not crazy, I really am just unbalanced. I allowed myself to wallow in self-pity for far too long yesterday.

I let myself get all bent out of shape because G got to hang out with JD all day on Friday. The thing is, I'm not jealous that they are friends, honestly I'm not. I guess I just got jealous because through no fault of my own, I don't get to be the kind of friend that hangs out anymore, at least not where JD is concerned. Anyway, 99% of the time it's really not an issue... I'm glad that they get to still be those kinds of friends. I even have high hopes that maybe JD and I can even get back to that.

So I decided that I am going to let go of my own pettiness. I am content and I am going to work harder to make sure that it shows on the outside. :-)

Posted by Hello