Friday, May 06, 2005

Same old story...


...but just as sad each time.

sigh... so I just talked to TG. It appears that Clark is not only my Kryptonite, but apparently he continues to be his own biggest downfall. You'd think that after all the drama he's caused I would revel in this newest setback for him. The opposite is true though, I really thought he had it figured out this time. The last time we talked, he was starting to get discouraged but he was determined to stick it out this time and finally get that elusive piece of paper. He has all the skills already (with being all he can be and such) but in this world they want the darned piece of paper.

He's so close to finishing too...that's what makes me so sad. I was really hoping that this time he wouldn't self-destruct. He's smart (don't ask him though) and he's talented and Lord knows that man is stubborn. So what happened?

Even as I ask that question, I'm pretty sure I already know the answer...I'm also fairly certain that it's an answer I didn't want to know. Sigh... Clark, when will it come together?

Don't waste your talent!!! I wish I could just shake him! Granted, I'd probably end up hugging him rather than shaking him. And I'd tell him that it will be alright and that we'll figure it out rather than the whole "tough love" act that he should get from me.

Nope, he has to get through this on his own... that's part of the problem you know, everyone in his life (myself and TG excepted) does one of two things: 1) they give up on him entirely or 2) they bail him out every time he screws up and he never has to take responsibility. So good luck Clark. I really hope you can keep it all together and get that piece of paper. Don't follow my lead... use your stubbornness and tenacity to your advantage.

Until then... sigh...

Posted by Hello