Friday, May 13, 2005

One More Minute


I've been homesick for a week now. Yes it's true, I was home about two weeks ago...but I'm already homesick. I counted, it's been three years now since I moved back here from San Diego. That, in and of itself, is proof that life doesn't go the way we thought it would. I never intended to leave San Diego...and I sure as hell didn't intend to stay here for this long.

A lot has happened in the last three years...that's really an understatement, but for lack of better words...let's see, there was Fire academy (that's where I met G), learning research law (life is full of ironic twists...I was pre-law for four years...I hated research, hence I didn't go to law school...I now work in research law), Clark [(with him came "Army by Proxy"), Surviving on the homefront while he was gone (aka: Operation Having a Deployed Boyfriend Sucks!), there was the aftermath of bi-polar/PTSD drama], training fire cadets, events planning... Yes I've skipped a lot but that's ok too.

San Diego...I miss East County. I know, no one misses East County...but I do. I loved my ghetto little city...the palms and the Birds of Paradise...the skyline at sunset from the Ferry Landing...ah that was the best.

I'm getting all sentimental over here...hehe...I'm such a girl sometimes. I get to go home next week. I am so happy about that. I'm supposed to be going to a wedding, but as of last night, Miss Jess still hadn't received details from E. Well, that's his bad. Miss Jess and I are gonna have a blast. If we play it right, we might even be able to drag Will out with us at least one night. That would be good. I miss him! And Lord knows homeboy could stand to have fun again...someday he'll be ready to "party like a Rockstar" again.

Just six more days, and today's Friday, so it's not that bad at all. Miss Jess I think I hear the song already... "One more minute, then beaches San Diego". Thank you Authority Zero.

Happy Friday ya'll.


Posted by Hello