Monday, November 21, 2005

I Need More Hours

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
There don't seem to be enough hours in the day lately. As ya'll can see by the serious lack of posting, I am barely treading water. I'm doing alright, don't get too worried yet; it's just that i have been running nonstop for the last two weeks.

Since Thursday, I have averaged about 3 hours of sleep a night. Normally that would leave me a bit tired but none too worse for wear...the last few days however...well it's been a different story. Not that it's been all bad...quite the contrary actually.

I started out my weekend badly though; I stayed home sick from work on Friday. I quite literally didn't move until 5pm. (Sometimes being a girl is overrated) Anyway, my migraine finally subsided and with 5 vinvins in my system I was ready to face the world. Grace and I went to Napa to say goodbye to g-ma. (Grandpa wasn't speaking to me, so I barely said goodbye to him) G-ma, on the other hand, was having a terrible time because she wasn't even close to wanting to leave. We left my aunt's house around 10pm and came home.

From there my brother S called and demanded that we come out to G's bar to see him and some of my Fire captains. So, another Vinvin and off we went. It was a good night, we stayed to close but not any longer than it took to close down. Before that happened however, Kee somehow (the actual mechanics involved are still not quite clear to me) managed to get me up to sing with him. My voice was so not up to a performance...though only the people who know what i sound like normally noticed a difference.

I slept fitfully that night and the dreams were very vivid...there is so much going on right now...I don't have the ability to shut my brain off. Anyway, Saturday was boring housecleaning during the day. But that night, T took me with him to the City. We went to Cirque du Soleil. It was incredible!! I was like a little kid, completely mezmerized... Besides how often have you been able to say, "Today i saw acrobatic midgets in a spinning hoop." Honestly though, superlatives escape me...the show was like a gigantic dream. Thanks T! :-)

Yesterday was a ceremony honoring the "heroes" in our community: the Police, Firefighters, Sheriffs, CHP, and Armed Forces. It was a beautiful tribute and I am so proud of my dad for the owrk he did to get all of the men and women together to be honored...in case you wondered, it's not easy to get real heroes to sit still to be honored. They usually prefer annonymity. Anyway, it was made even more poingnant by the fact that our community lost a CHP officer this week in the line of duty. It has been a somber time around our EMS agencies. If ya'll think about it, keep him family in your thoughts.