Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Classic Croonin'


This one definitely goes back a ways...it's Billie Holiday...I just love her music...I grew up listening to her, and to Ella Fitzgerald...those women had incredible talent...Billie's music speaks to the immense pain she felt in her life...but so much of what she sang is just beautiful. So enjoy.

The Man I Love ~ Billie Holiday

Someday he'll come along
The man I love
And he'll be big and strong
The man I love

And when he comes my way
I'll do my best to make him stay
He'll look at me and smile
I'll understand

Then in a little while
He'll take my hand
And though it seems absurd
I know we both won't say a word

Maybe I shall meet him Sunday
Maybe Monday, maybe not
Still I'm sure to meet him one day
Maybe Tuesday will be my good news day

He'll build a little home
That's meant for two
From which I'll never roam
Who would, would you

And so all else above
I'm dreaming of the man I love

Posted by Hello