Friday, September 30, 2005

My 4th Circle

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Ok, so ya'll know that there are supposedly 9 circles of hell...in my own hell, at least two circles are occupied by Wal-mart. The 3rd circle is Wal-mart on a normal day...by definition, Wal-mart is hell. It also comprises the fifth circle on weekends and payday. ;-) YEs, I do know this from personal experience.


But the 4th circle is missing you say? Quite right...the fourth circle of my own personal hell is held by one solitary character: /

Yup, that's it this stupid character kicked my arse for about 4 hours yesterday. Ya'll know that I am creating three separate blogs for my law firm. We are set to launch on Monday...well, two of the three sites will be ready. Anyway, putting these sites together has consumed most of my waking (and some of my sleeping) hours. The templates have all been manually adjusted for color, font, spacing, and content.

I have become far more proficient in HTML code than I ever thought possible. Now, I won't pretend that i know a whole lot; but I do know enough to get by. Well, after posting almost 100 entries, I had to go back through and organize them. Not so difficult, but definitely time-consuming and labor intensive. Well, after about three hours of sorting and coding, i went back through to check all my links.

None of them worked...now they work a couple hours before when I tried; but now, nothing. What happened? I didn't moce any pages after I input the links...I checked the template again...still right...hmmm.

After hours of going through the entire template, one line at a time I realized what happened. Blogger had decided to "help" out my codes. After I had entered them, Blogger added an extra "/" to each and every link line. Frickin' frackin' Blogger. So then I got the distinct pleasure of going back through each and every link (for the 58th time) to remove the extra character.

So, the moral of this story is:
  1. Computers are a mean breed of machine sometimes.

  2. I hate HTML codes.

  3. Working hyperlinks are overrated.

  4. You can never be too careful when you live in the blogging ghetto (right, Joan?)

  5. There is a fourth circle of hell, and it's populated by the /