Thursday, February 16, 2006

Shh!! Don't Tell...

Image hosting by Photobucket
It's not actually a secret, but it makes for an amusing story. I was watching the movie Be Cool with Kalohe last night. It has The Rock in it, so of course I simply had to watch it. He is, by far, my very favorite. I don't care whether or not he's a good actor...I think he's about the hottest man on the planet. He leads my Top 5 list by a pretty good margin and has for years.

I have always had a thing for big Polynesian men (or tall asian men as MOH and I call them) ;-) Though, any of the three of you who read here on a regular basis probably already knew that about me.

Anyway, in the movie, there is a scene where the Rock does something called the Samoan Slap Dance. It's a hula-type traditional dance and damn, does he look good doing it. So, I am watching and my Kalohe is, of course, commentating. I made mention of the fact that this particular movie is the only one of The Rock's movies that I don't currently own. (well, that and Doom now that it's out) That comment led to a discussion about The Rock's acting abilities...whether or not he has any. I quote, "Well, he's kinda lame and stupid, but he's a local boy, so I've gotta give him support. Ya gotta appreciate a local boy makin' good even if he's not a good actor."

My response: "Ummm...you don't watch The Rock because of his acting...ok, maybe you do...I don't. In fact, I don't care what he does...he can just stand there and periodically turn around and I'm down with that."

And then the Captain Obvious statement of the night: Damn pepe, you've got a thing for the Polynesians don't you!! I mean, you really like your local boys huh, Audrey.

Ummm....hello!! Where have you been?? Kalohe, don't tell me you are just now catching up with the class!! The fact that you are my magnetic north only mostly has to do with us...it certainly doesn't hurt anything that you're a big, pidgin-speakin', local boy yourself.

It is now the new running joke...anyone around me who has nothing to say will blurt out: "Newsflash!! Audrey likes her some Polynesians!" Gotta love your friends...well, and The Rock, of course.