Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Mellow Morning


My day is all out of order today. I just got to work a bit ago…yeah that would indeed mean that I am 2 ½ hours late (yes I called in ahead of time). Anyway, I had to stay home with Mamacita this morning. She’s recovering well, but she has a migraine from the anesthesia they used so she can’t be left alone. So I stayed with her until Dad got there to take over.

No big deal, I honestly don’t mind. I mean, Lord knows she’s taken care of me enough times…but today it threw my whole routine off. I didn’t know I would be staying home until about two minutes before I was supposed to leave for work.

I’m a pretty flexible person, and I don’t actually like to have my whole day mapped out…but I do enjoy having at least an idea of what the game plan looks like. In my office, I have developed a pretty rigid morning routine for myself, mostly just to make sure I don’t forget any of the 53 steps I go through each day…and it helps combat the incredible disorder of the office where I work.

It’s a good thing that I am detail-oriented without being particularly neurotic…I’d never survive, or like our attorneys, I’d be working on my very own coronary. ;-)

No, instead, I spent the morning bored off my ass…I got to talk to Miss Jess (who finally went to the doctor today) but we were both really boring…I couldn’t get too far from Mamacita and I had to be quiet (so cleaning is out) so we watched “The Price Is Right”. Can I just tell you…SO BORING!! It made me feel so damn old!! It did reaffirm my knowledge that there is absolutely nothing on TV during the morning hours. Oy!

So I finally got here to the office about noon…I actually got parking (woohoo!!) And, as a bonus, I’ve managed to get work done already…but my day is completely out of whack now…I don’t know how I’m going to get back on schedule…but I have to try…I have cadets tonight…

Hmm…on that note, I really ought to find out what I am teaching…


Posted by Hello