Saturday, September 10, 2005

orchid night

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

"Cookie is drunk. Cookie is drunk at Vogue." and well, everywhere else tonight for that matter...I hate the army.

Ok, so that isn't entirely true...the drunk part, yes...the hatred of the army isn't. Mostly I'm just disappointed. As ya'll know, today (well, technically yesterday as it is now after midnight) is Clark's birthday. With 6 birthdays between us, this was to be the one we would finally spend together. This is where the army comes in...for once everything was on schedule...and then, the army happens!

Clark ended up having to go to a briefing about going to Louisiana. As I said before, his unit is at the top of the list to go, and it looks like they are about to be mobilized.

I know he has been wanting to go... He needs to feel like he is doing something constructive. But the selfish, girl part of me was really upset that our plans got interupted once again.

To combat my disapointment, I went to plan B...which may, or may not, have involved a hell of a lot of Malibu. Grace and I started out the night with D, and ended it at G's bar, which of course means that all drinks were comped (because, well, the army sucks!). To qualify exactly how disapointed I was...I actually called JD and woke him up (He is still busted about the surgery but he completly redeemed himself by making me laugh.) Though hearing the hostility in his voice when it came to anything Clark-related stung a little. Oy vey! But he did make me laugh after all and my day did seem better. ;-)

Between Grace, G, JD, and Malibu...this wasn't the worst of Clark's birthdays we've spent.

So happy birthday Clark...May this year be better than the last...