Monday, September 05, 2005

Craziness that Wasn't

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I almost went on a spontaneous road trip. I even got as far as mentally packing. One of the girls I work with (one who is speaking to me) is from LA and she and her boyfriend were supposed to go "home" this weekend. Well, he ended up wanting to go to a "nerd convention" instead and she figured she would just have a boring labor day...until she remembered Moi.

I love road trips and I love So Cal...besides I have people I miss in San Diego...I mean how perfect would it be...after all I had just finished reading my girl night invite. ;-) The slight problem...I was supposed to hang out with the girls this weekend and work in the house. Hmmm...ok, here's a compromise, if Grace is down for going too, then the trip will be cheap and she'll see her family, I can go visit mine, Lena will see her sister...all will be right with the world.

Wrong. Apparently Grace promised her mom (who is currently in Nashville with Grace's older brother) that she wouldn't cme for a visit until they are home. Oy! So I suggested going to SD with me, little bro is in his new apartment and we haven't seen it yet...etc. You get the idea. Then she gets upset about how hurt her family and LA friends would be if she drove right past them....etc, etc.

Anyway, drama drama drama...I finally made the command decision, if it's going to be this much stress, let's not go at all. This was supposed to be fun and impulsive and a time to get away. It's not worth all the headache it is apparently causing.

Why was it so all or nothing? well, Lena and I are both poor...we work the same place after all...so with two of us and the astronomical price of gas, we just can't afford it this week. It's not a huge deal, it's not like I had been planning it for a long time or anything...but I did let myself get just a little excited. It's been a while since I've had a good road trip.

But we aren't giving up the idea...Lena and I are going to continue plotting until we come up with a weekend we can make this drive. Anyway, I placated Lena and Grace with the promise of Margarita night and fun movies.

End result...well, Lena went ahead and made the drive, so girls' night was small and quiet, but lots of fun. Grace and I made a killer Chocolate Kalua Trife that I found at the
Fabulously, feisty Christina's place.

We ended up not wanting that rich of a dessert after our drinks so Grace and I saved the trifle for today's family BBQ. Also a lot of fun and a big hit, just so ya'll know. Now thaqt I have my own space again, i really do enjoy these family get-togethers.