Monday, March 06, 2006

Some Days Are Just Batty

Image hosting by Photobucket
So today is my first day back to work. I was out all of last week...which is pretty unusual for me. I rarely take more than one sick day in a given week. But, since this cold or flu or whatever it was knocked me on my arse, I had little choice. So, here it is March 6th. The last time I sat at my desk was February 24th...that seems so long ago! I had to remind myself about parts of my routine where I was already out of practice. So, I know include a few observations I made shortly after my arrival:
  • there were several keys on my keyboard that had been switched...d, s, 8 and 9 still are.

  • There are pictures of people on my desk that I don't know

  • My calendar read April

  • Fezzik's tank has been rearranged

  • My army bear was being serviced by the other bear who lives on my computer

As if this wasn't enough excitement, FG and I had a bat in our room today. Cute, little, furry, grey guy...so scared and creeping all around the room. We were locked out of here for about an hour while we waited for animal control to take care of it.

So, all morning we've been running around quoting Batty Coda of Ferngully fame.
Humans don't have tails. They have big, big bottoms that they wear with bad shorts. They walk around going, "Hi, Helen".
AH! HUMAN! Yes! Yes! Kill it! Restrain it! Medicate it! Something! Puff up! Puff up! They hate that!
Never a dull moment around this office...and it's only Monday...