Friday, February 23, 2007

Audrey Update Part II

Audrey has been undergoing more tests throughout the week. The doctors still don't know very much, but it seem to be more of a process of elimination than anything else. And they are certainly doing that.

This is the latest update from Audrey, as of about 7PM this evening:

The spinal tap has exhausted me and I feel nauseated but very little headache. It was scary but not as bad as it could have been.

The initial test results ruled out infection and viruses but not any of the other diseases or illnesses. That will take several days to culture.

Regardless of those results, I start IV steroid therapy tomorrow. I will have high doses for 5 days in a row. That should reduce the inflammation in my spine. Hopefully that will bring back feeling to my extremities.


So, we know a little more than yesterday and hopefully as the weekend goes on, the steroids will do their job and Audrey will start feeling a little better. Even if there is no diagnosis, I'm sure just feeling more in control of her limbs would be a very welcome thing.

Please continue to keep Audrey in your thoughts and prayers. I know she appreciates your concern for her while she is incapacitated.

~~Joan