Thursday, May 26, 2005

Frustrations Abound


Well…ya know all the ish that G and I were going to take care of yesterday? It didn’t happen…oh not from a lack of trying, but because of the very sticky and rather gray areas surrounding the issues of jurisdiction and actual threat…see here is the thing…apparently some law enforcement agencies will investigate claims like G’s provided that it’s within their jurisdiction…that makes sense but here’s the kicker…the agencies within who’s jurisdiction all the ish took place won’t investigate claims without physical evidence…basically being threatened with attack and physical harm isn’t enough…apparently G has to actually have bruises to submit as evidence…

It’s so frustrating but anyway…I am persistent and JD gave me a couple more ideas of where to go. Poor guy is sick as all get out and he still called to see if I needed anything. Sigh…it’s true all the good ones are taken or otherwise unavailable (either emotionally, physically, geographically or legally)…ok enough of the pity party for myself…tomorrow is Friday…not that it means anything in and of itself…but whatever.

I think tonight I’ma go get Nikka’s new album…maybe that will lift my spirits a little. I know what part of my problem is though…I’ve known for a while but I haven’t wanted to accept or face it….

Most likely, by the end of summer, one of two things will happen…I will get a job back down in San Diego or Temecula; or Miss Jess will get a job up here out of Sacramento. My frustration is this: I am incredibly qualified, I have excellent recommendations, I interview well…and no one will give me a job. I like the job I have but the pay isn’t shit! (and yes, that is the nicest thing I could think of) As it is, I work my arse off and in order to move I will have to pick up a second job…

The job I have now is specialized…it’s complicated and they couldn’t just replace me…but that doesn’t encourage them to take care of me or anyone else I work with for that matter. It’s ridiculous…with my level of education…my work ethic and level of skill, I shouldn’t have to work two full-time jobs just to get by…I know this is California and all but c’mon now!! I don’t even have freakin’ health insurance!! I know some of ya’ll can totally relate…it’s disheartening…and if one more company tells me I’m overqualified…I’ma scream!!

I may possibly have an internship job in Temecula within the next six months and that would honestly be a dream come true…it would be everything I’ve wanted to do…and I would be working for an old boss of mine whom I respect more than just about anyone…it would also give me the opportunity for a fresh start…but that’s part of the problem…everything is hypothetical…

I hate living in hypotheticals…I’m a realist after all…it’s that whole Aries-Taurus Cusp rearing it’s ugly head…c’est la vie… I know I said I would stop whining…and now I’m done...end rant...

FIN.

Posted by Hello