Tuesday, May 31, 2005

It's Over...


I survived!! Maybe the cycle is broken…perhaps Memorial Day will no longer hold such awful tidings…the memories will remain…but even those are fading with time…

I decided that this year I would lay low on Memorial Day…I didn’t answer the phone, text messages, nothing…I posted to this site, but I didn’t even return emails...I played the part of the ostrich with its head in the sand (didn't I read somewhere that ostriches don't actually do this? Anyone have an answer??) Anyway, I cut myself off from the world, and by doing so, I stayed sober!

I decided that since I was ignoring the world I could at least remember the reason for the day…so I watched a couple different History Channel programs on our military…

I also had a horrific migraine for about 36 hours…no fun…so laying low was almost inevitable anyway…but on the plus side…I didn’t wake up to any terrible or cruel messages, phone calls or visits. That is most definitely an improvement over last year…


But today is better, the sun is out, it's hot even ('bout damn time!!) and I am feeling alright with the world...today is a good day...

Posted by Hello