Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Oy!!!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Ah, the stress of it all...I am seriously freaking out about finishing my resume. Well, ok, my resume has been done and pretty up to date for quite some time...but it's the cover letter I always struggle with. I am no good at it. Selling myself isn't my forte by any strech of the imagination. It is my belief that my work and resume should speak for itself...for this particular company, they want a resume, an application and a cover letter, and that is just to get you through the door...oh, did I mention that the door is by invitation only to begin with?? That means that in order to even have the chance to be considered (that's a lot of qualifiers, people) someone has to have already seen (or just know) that you do good work.

I went there yesterday to talk to my friend (read: contact) and may I just say, that was the most imposing building I have walked into in a very long time...if Miss Jess hadn't been with me, I probably wouldn't have gone in; I don't usually get intimidated...but i did there. I don't mean to make it sound bad, I really would like to work there, it's just scary.

And, since they are expecting my resume/application today, there is great pressure to finish this cover letter. Oy...my stomach is in knots...as if all the apartment hooplah wasn't enough stress to my little system...Thank God for Percocet...sigh...relax kids...I am always careful.

Ok, off I go...