Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Grr, Hiss and Growl


Here’s a question…it’s partially hypothetical…Have you ever tried to get fired?

I ask because about half the time here at work I’m looking for ways to get fired…I won’t allow my work performance to suffer (hello, I’m a firstborn…I must be perfect at all times) but at the same time, my attitude sucks some days.

I no longer care whether my comments, attitude or demeanor piss off my bosses and the other higher ups. In this firm, there are four attorneys, two partners and a paralegal above me…all but two are insufferable (one partner doesn’t count as he lives in Marina Del Rey and works from home).

The paralegal is a hardliner but at least you always know what to expect, she’s fair, and as long as you do your job, she will stay off your back. I like that in a boss…I sure wish she was still in this office, but alas, she too telecommutes.

Basically the only good boss in this office is the one attorney with the least seniority on paper…I mean as a litigator I would pick her over any of the other attorneys as she’s more experienced and qualified…besides, as a boss she actually knows what she’s doing. She (unlike the others) understands that leadership isn’t the same thing as pulling rank.

I actually told one of the other bosses the other day that I’m not in her army. (Anyone heard that before?) ;-) Seriously, it’s intolerable here many days. I work here because I have bills to pay…not that this job pays all the bills that it should.

I’ve already complained about the money issue though, so I will stick to my current topic…I just can’t seem to get fired…I no longer hold my tongue during staff meetings…I sit in the Director’s office almost weekly to tell her what’s working and what isn’t…the saddest part is that most of these people don’t get it when you make fun of them. I am such a sarcastic bitch these days…and what reaction do I get?? Nothing!! Or, if anything, I get: “Thank you for your input, I appreciate your frankness and candor.” What about my sarcasm…do you appreciate that???

Ok…for those who are wondering…yes it is that time…yes I do have cramps….feel free to offer me vin-vin or even Xanax to take the edge off…Clark worked late last night…and yes my current situation curtails any idea of fun for the next several days…thanks for asking!! :-)


Posted by Hello