Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Cars and Karma


Ok, so I’m sure that by writing this post karma is going to sneak up and kick me squarely in the ass…but I just can’t help myself…and seeing as I’ve been very good as of late…maybe karma will give me just a little breathing room.

So, anyone who knows me…and well, many who don’t … know that I am a lead foot from the word go. I can’t hardly help it…I love speed, I love the roar of an engine…the power…the freedom…sigh…road trip anyone?

Alright, I sidetracked myself again…the point of this whole story…yeah I’m getting there. I had no less than three people call me this morning to warn me that the CHP is having a “Zero Tolerance Day” on I-5 today. For the record, I had already heard that on the radio today and had already planned to leave early, but still I received so many calls…I’d almost be insulted…except they know how I drive and all the extra warnings didn’t hurt too much.

I drove extra slow this morning (75 mph) and let me tell you, that is difficult to do when you drive a rally car without cruise control…Kai wanted to speed so much…but I decided to be good…I can’t afford another speeding ticket and neither can my insurance…the last one I got was in the rented Tonka truck (Nissan Xterra) and he wrote it for 80 (which saved my arse) since I was doing between 90 and 94 (the governor was limited at 96…yes I found that out by trying).

Anyway, I was behaving myself…it was a good thing because I saw six cars being ticketed in the 25 miles I was on the freeway…I’m pretty sure that today my “get out of jail free” sticker wouldn’t even have helped me. Ok so there really is a funny part to this story…I was driving along and this guy (probably mid 20’s) driving a little Ford Focus hatchback with Washington plates…he kept trying to pace me…I wouldn’t play…now normally, I would rev back and then drop his ass…but not today…today I’m playing by the rules…

So finally he got fed up and sped off…he was haulin’ too…well I passed another cop giving a ticket…no thang, I’m being good…but ya’ll can see where this is going…the next CHP I saw…had him pulled over and the cop did not look amused at all…

I couldn’t help it…I laughed for a good two miles…now hopefully karma won’t bite me today…even if it does…it was pretty hilarious…

So, just a word of caution…careful out there on I-5…it’s crazy out there today.


Posted by Hello