Friday, June 10, 2005

Home is where...


So many ways to finish that phrase...and if you're anything like me, the ending varies by the day and my mood. Today, I'm not going home...well, I'm going to one of my many homes-away-from home. Ima go stay with Miss H tonight when I drag my happy arse home from the bar...well at least I think that's how it will play out. I think I going to go visit G tonight...provided I don't get lost. hehehe...you'd think that as many times as I've been there, I wouldn't get lost...but alas...I'm still me. I do well with real direction...ya know, "boy directions" like north, south, east, west...but G...well she has a tendancy to give "just past the yellow blinky light thing" type directions.

Those kind have made for some crazy rides trying to find the way...case in point, the last time Clark and I went out there the 15 minute drive turned into a two hour adventure through the backroads of the area. It was a comedy of errors...and then there was the rabbit incident...ah well, it was the rabbit's time to go apparently.

Anyway, I intend to have fun tonight, one way or another...and then I simply must get caught up with Miss H. She had an interview yesterday. *crossed fingers*

Ok so now for today's song...I am listening to the most ecclectic music today...ok ok so it's everyday. Anyway, my favorite Ozzy song just came on...incidently, it's the song Clark used to sing to me over the phone as his deployment drew to an end. (mostly just the first verse and the chorus...we were usually laughing too hard to continue by that point).

Mama, I'm Comin' Home ~ Ozzy Osbourne

Times have changed and times are strange
Here I come, but I ain't the same
Mama, I'm coming home

Times gone by seem to be
You could have been a better friend to me
Mama, I'm coming home

You took me in and you drove me out
Yeah, you had me hypnotized
Lost and found and turned around
By the fire in your eyes

You made me cry, you told me lies
But I can't stand to say goodbye
Mama, I'm coming home

I could be right, I could be wrong
Hurts so bad, it's been so long
Mama, I'm coming home

Selfish love yeah we're both alone
The ride before the fall
But I'm gonna take this heart of stone
I just got to have it all

CHORUS
I've seen your face a hundred times
everyday we've been apart
I don't care about the sunshine, yeah
'Cause Mama, Mama, I'm coming home
I'm coming home

You took me in and you drove me out
Yeah, you had me hypnotized
Lost and found and turned around
By the fire in your eyes

Repeat Chorus 2x

Posted by Hello