Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Summer Rain


It's June...and it's raining in California!! I even heard on the news today that it's snowing in Tahoe...that's crazy! It's not a warm sunshine-y rain either...nope, it's cold and overcast today.

That means I'm currently freezing my arse off...after May I refuse to wear sleeves...I live in California after all!! I did choose to be smarter than normal and I'm in pants instead of the typical mini skirts that are a wardrobe staple for me as soon as the weather turns summer-y.

This atypical rainfall wouldn't bother me that much...I hate rain, but one day surely won't kill me...but since it's Wednesday...that means one thing...Fire Cadets...the activity we had planned for tonight will be awful in the rain...and, since it's never my intention to make the kids miserable, I need a contingency plan...under normal circumstances, we'd already have one...but since our schedule has been rearranged more times than I can count...whatever training could have been substituted is no longer an option.

Well I guess it will keep my mind busy today, trying to come up with something fun...something that I can run on my own...since I'm pretty sure my intrepid helper (hey that could be his lame superhero alter ego...hmmm...) has to be in a meeting of his own the same time we have cadets...
ah well...c'est la vie.

***HOUSEKEEPING ANNOUNCEMENT***

I have gone back through and done my best to update the links so that they work. For those who have asked:
1) the Crazy Frog now works.
2) Of course I will link you, but you have to give me the correct info.

I think that about covers it...anything else????

Posted by Hello