Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Tahoe Tales


I have got to find a way to lower my stress…I really have no idea what I can cut out of my life that will reduce that stress…I wish I could think of something, but so far…no such luck. I say this because I had another migraine last night…it started in the afternoon yesterday, so thank God I only had one case I had to get out. That was good since I was the only typist yesterday…FG was out sick…I think she caught something from the train people ;-)

Anyway, my brain was pretty fuzzy yesterday and I completely forgot to relay my great accomplishment of the weekend…I mean besides getting my big sister moved into her new apartment…yay!!

Ok, side tracked again…so on Sunday I drove up to my parents cabin in South Lake Tahoe for the first time!! It was so not my first time going up there…I grew up having summers there…but it’s the first time I drove it…and let me tell you, there are parts of Highway 50 that will scare the shit out of you when there are gravel trucks barreling down the mountain toward you. But I did it, and no one died…so I consider it a great success! ;- ) We checked out the snow damage on the cabin…very minimal this year, thank God!! We also took the measurements to replace all the major kitchen appliances with different period pieces…everything still from the 30’s just like the cabin.

The funniest part of the whole venture was Tiny dog. We let her go with us because “she’d been good all week”. (I think my mom needs her grandkids to spoil!) Anyway Tiny was good in the car (like always) until I had to take her off my lap since hairpin turns are difficult to negotiate with a Pomeranian on your lap. Once we got there she jumped out of the car and ran around, inside and out for almost two hours…she was having the time of her life!! It was too cute.

So anyway, it looks like we’ll be able to open the cabin for the summer in another couple of weeks…great for the family…but I doubt I’ll have much time to get up there…but at least I know how to get there now…


Posted by Hello