Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Reliving the Memories


In between cases today, I have been reminiscing…nothin’ bad…and nothing that’s even making me sad…but my mind has been reliving the first couple of months that Clark came back from Iraq.

It’s really not as random as it appears…some girls in the Army support groups I still belong to had asked about the book I started writing a while back. When Clark and I split last June, I started writing down all my experiences as a method of cheap therapy. I never intended for anyone to see it…it was mainly for me…but I was faced with many questions from many other girls in the same situation as I found myself…or on the same path as I but at different stages. So I offered up what little wisdom I had gained over the preceding year. The result is a partially finished Survival Guide for Army girlfriends.

I need to finish it…there is so much left to write…including how to deal with the changed man that returns to you after a deployment and the ensuing chaos…it had remained too painful to write about until a couple months ago…now I just haven’t had the time or focus…I will get there, that is something I am determined to do…if only for myself.

Anyway, back to my original story…I sent out some email versions of the book thus far and just finished fielding some tough questions in relation to what had already been read. It doesn’t hurt me to talk about any of it anymore…I have healed sufficiently to be philosophical about my own experiences… that in and of itself is a comforting realization. So…in keeping with the thoughts that have the run of my brain this afternoon… I present you with “my and Clark’s” song I do realize there is some irony in this song choice…though not as much as you would think…I have no regrets and an awful lot of good memories.

Love Song ~ Pink


Yeah...I've never written a love song
That didn't end in tears
Maybe we'll rewrite my love song
You can replace all my fears

I need your patience and guidance
And all your lovin' and more
When thunder rolls through my life
Will you be able To weather the storm?

There's so much I would give you baby
If I'd only let myself
There's a swell of emotions
I feel I must protect

What's the point of this armor
If it keeps the love away too?
I'd rather bleed from cuts of love
Then live without scars

Baby, can I trust this,
Or do all things end?
I need to hear that you'd die for me
Again, and again, and again

So tell me
When you look in my eyes
Can you share in the pain and the happy times?
‘Cuz I will love you for the rest of my life

This is my very first love song
That didn't end in tears
I think we rewrote my love song
For the rest of my years

I will love you for the rest of my life

Posted by Hello