Friday, July 15, 2005

FRIDAY!!


This week has been insane. Yes that is the understatement of the month, but it's what I've got.

It’s official: Federal statutes and Government Codes are going to be the death of me. I have done virtually all Government code sections this week. All of these analyses are blending together and I think my brain is completely overloaded. I have, quite literally, two feet of documents and material on my desk. I think it’s going to bury me before all is said and done. Thank God it’s Friday…I can’t do another day in this week.

Yesterday I put together an analysis letter all by myself. That may not sound impressive…but it’s not the easiest thing to do; and I’ve never done the entire thing on my own. It’s not my job and technically I am not qualified to do it. I am however an excellently trained monkey…hehehe. My boss did nothing more than read my letter and sign it….no changes made to anything!!

I wonder if I could work this into a pay raise…hey a girl’s gotta dream!! I’m still waiting to hear back from the City. I really, really want a job with them. It would take all this money pressure off my back…plus I’d get benefits…that would be fantastic! Especially since my army-provided stash of painkillers is almost gone.
(“It’s the least they could do”) ;-)

Speaking of money and such…G may consider moving in with us. That would rock!! I mean honestly, G will be half living with us anyway…and really, living here would make her commute shorter…her rent would go down…and let’s face it: Jess and I are fabulous! So keep your fingers crossed.

On another topic, I think Greg tried to call this morning. I was in a deep sleep (the only time I sleep well is between 0430 and 0645) and I heard my phone ringing. By the time I got out of bed and saw the number to try to process it, the phone had stopped ringing. It was an area code I didn’t recognize and the number pattern fit that of a military number…so, without a message to help me out, that’s my best guess. See, it wouldn’t do him any good to leave a message…the numbers are outbound only…if you call it back it won’t go through…TG and I went through this repeatedly when James and Clark first went overseas.

Anyway, I’m kinda bummed…but I’m sure he will try again…and eventually the phones will work in our favor. For the record, he might be better off that I didn’t answer the phone…ya’ll wouldn’t believe how long it takes me to wake up sometimes between the hours of 0430 and 0645. If I don’t rip your head off…I may not even know who you are…it’s a toss-up. Sigh…maybe next time.

PS~ mira, mira, it's my city!



Posted by Picasa