Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Road Rage


I know I have been unusually silent today, but I have a good reason: I’m trying desperately to work ahead so that I can leave work at four tomorrow afternoon. D and I are going to see Rascal Flatts and I am stoked!! The concert is up in Marysville so we have to leave early to get up there before all the traffic gets bad on 99.

That is one thing I miss about SoCal…the choice of freeways. Yeah they all get crowded around commute time, but at least you have options…here, on the other hand, you really only have one choice per destination. It’s not until you get down into the San Francisco Bay area or into the metropolis of Sacramento (hehehe that is a funny thought) that you have at least two freeways to choose from.

Nope, out here we have the 5…or for getting to anything not in the middle of the state, you can take 99. For most of 99’s length, it’s one lane in each direction…now tell me how that makes sense? And auto accidents? Well that will shut down the whole thing indefinitely…it really is stupid. I miss being able to take alternate routes…

I mean, there are always the frontage roads (which I know my way around pretty well) but then you have idiotic communities like Vacaville and Fairfield that cordon off portions of the frontage roads for “construction” that was never intended to happen. All it does is remove the only alternate route between the two cities…well I guess there actually is one surface street that runs the whole length but really, once you factor in traffic lights, you’re no better off than you would be on the freeway.

Wow! That was a pretty big tirade on the traffic situation… I didn’t realize I had so much pent-up hostility…I thought I let it all show. ;-) Seriously though, I tink this was precipitated by the fact that I left home ten minutes early only to be ten minutes late to work because of construction and a stupid Greyhound bus that thought he was fastlane material. For the record, going 70 does not make you a candidate for the rally races!! Oy!

Have a safe and sane commute ya’ll! :-)

Posted by Picasa