Friday, July 08, 2005

Get Rich Quick


I could sell…well there’s my soul…but I may need that again later. So that won’t work…I could sell my body…no that won’t work either…besides there are laws against that kind of stuff. I could sell my possessions, but I’m not sure it would raise the capital I need.

I now understand how people go to such drastic means to make money quickly…I guess I should explain… I just got back from the apartment complex. Miss Jess and I have a new home now, I put the money down to hold it until the first of the month. We won’t have any problems passing credit checks…we make more than enough to pay rent…but here’s where the system gets all fuggered up: in reality, Miss Jess makes more money than I do…on paper it’s the other way around and while we both have good work history, tenant history, etc., etc. we either have to have a third roommate, one of us has to have a new job within three weeks, OR (here’s where the selling things angle comes in) we have to have six month’s rent upfront. For anyone wondering…we’re looking at about $6000. If I had that much just laying around…do ya’ll really think I’d still be at this job??

I understand why they do it, but it’s ridiculous…and now we have to figure out how we’re gonna come up with the money…I’m applying for a job with the city either today or Monday, but even then who knows if they’ll even get back to me in three weeks. I’m not positive, but I’m guessing a bake sale is out…same goes for the whole carwash idea…maybe I can make do on one kidney…hmmm…

Seriously, I know it will all work out, it always does, but I’m kinda reeling right now…Not quite sure how to approach this…but I’m determined. I really think this is the apartment for us…

…ok back to work while I scheme…


Posted by Picasa