Thursday, July 21, 2005

Today's Thoughts


When will the drama cease?? If it’s not one thing, then it’s another…ah well, I suppose I can’t ever complain that my life is boring. So, here’s a brief rundown:

1. Grace flies in on Saturday night. She’ll be here for just under a week to finish all the last minute details before we both fly back down to San Diego to pack the truck and drive back up here to move into the apartment.

2. My older brother, S, agreed to sign our lease with us…he may want to move in; he hasn’t decided, but either way he said that he will sign our lease. Score!! That means we don’t have to come up with an extra 5 grand, and I get to keep all of my organs. ;-)

3. Grace’s big bro has yet again come through for us and we have concert tickets for Sunday night. Dierks Bentley, here we come! Oh, and a side note to last time, thanks, in part to our partying ways, we have been informed that Superman is back on the wagon, and will not be joining in this weekend’s festivities. Hehehehe. Seriously, good for you Supe. I’m proud of ya; I’m sure it’s not been easy with how much time you spend touring. For the record, we’ve slowed quite a bit as well.

4. Ok, so I was over at Fistful of Fortnights and Miss Sadie had the cutest little adopted llama in her post. So, I got me a fish friend for Fezzik. So scroll on down and check him out...or go get your very own.

5. So, the promotions list came out…JD didn’t get his…not that we are surprised. Actually it would have been far more surprising for him to have gotten it…He’s given up all hope of ever getting his permanent promotion as long as this chief is in power…he just applies on principle. Everyone knows JD is more than qualified. It was brought to my attention last night, by S, that JD has racked up 25 years worth of experience in the 9 years he’s been with the department. (Every major anything that has happened in the community…JD has been there. He’s like a freakin’ black cloud! Good for experience; bad for the psyche) Anyway, the chief’s rat (yup nicest name) got promoted…again. Not that we are surprised in the least. It’s glaringly obvious how the system works these days. But in a related vein, a little bit of sunshine in this…a friend of mine, who has been a firefighter there for about 15 years turned down the Captain promotion, and I quote (I am so proud of her), “The promotion isn’t mine to have. You know damn well that it belongs to [JD]. That is his spot to have and I will not be the one to take it from him. You can keep your promotion. Thank you.” She is the damn man!!! She’s bright enough to know that by saying that, she will never get the captain promotion while this current chief is there…but she also had enough integrity to stand by what she believes in. Integrity, in and of itself, is a death sentence in this department these days, unfortunately.

Ok, so I think that is everything for the moment…back to the salt mines ;-)


Posted by Picasa