Monday, July 18, 2005

Week Two


Happy Monday ya'll. First off, isn't this graphic fabulous?? It is all the creation of Miss Joan!! There is a larger version of it over at her site.

Today is the second installment of Seven Inches of Service. So of course my post is up there with the rest of them. This week's topic de jour: The ups and downs in the behavior of your military man. Do I have experiences to draw from or what?? Anyway, it's a pretty long post so I'm not gonna put it up over here just yet. I will eventually, don't worry. But, for the time being, go visit Joan, and all the other girls.

Ok, here is a taste of mine:
While he was gone, Clark was mostly even keeled, with me at least. He had his bi-polar swings, but because he was so focused on the tasks at hand, the moodswings were less apparent than normal. I know that the guys he worked with got the worst of his moods; by the time he would get to me, he was so glad that we had time to talk that he rarely got mad or upset with me.

We talked about everything under the sun, and because we established our relationship on the basis of open communication, we had an advantage over some of the other military couples we knew. There were probably only a handful of times in the year Clark was gone that we had anything resembling a fight. No matter how frustrated we were, the rule was “no hanging up, and always say ‘I love you’”.

See in his real life, the person most people know him to be is a tough-talking, tough-acting badass. He has a bad attitude and the ego to back it up. We always joked that his theme song (oh c’mon, ya’ll have one in the back of your head) is “Cocky” by Kid Rock. It fits his persona and most anyone who knows him would agree with that assessment. But with me, he was always a different person. He was sweet, compassionate, fiercely protective but very gentle with me. We are very open about everything, so there is a lot of underlying trust and we are very comfortable with one another; but very few people know the quiet side of Clark.

When he reverts to his other self, it’s like Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Jackass. I got used to it after a while because I understood that it never had anything to do with me, I was simply the recipient because subconsciously, Clark knew that not only could I handle his drama but that I would still love him just as much as ever.

Now go, get reading... and enjoy. Much more to come.
Posted by Picasa