Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Wild Wedding Weekend

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Ok so the posts about this weekend and Jean and Spencer's wedding will be written like a mini-series. Not to add drama, but rather because I don't have the time it would take to write it all in one sitting; and I'm not arrogant enough to presume that ya'll have the time to read it all at once.

Anyway, Friday was a day of mad panic and miscommunication. The best part: Jean and I went for maincures and pedicures. So much fun and oh so relaxing. Yay us! My toes looked fantastic in my hot hooker heels for the wedding...sorry getting ahead of myself.

Our girl time was interrupted by the crisis of a lost grandparent. The situation was resolved and we just added Grandpa to our list of people we would pick up at the airport over the course of the weekend.

We arrived in Stockton around 11pm and checked into our room. In the midst of the unpacking and confusion, all of us girls paused to watch Jean sing karaoke in the lounge. I'm tellin' you, those people would make Simon Cowell turn in his grave if he'd ever die. ;-) That's ok, our girl put them to shame. We were all tired but of course we weren't sleepy so we bustled around trying to get things ready for the next morning. The rehersal was Saturday morning at 9. Ya'll know how much of a morning person I am...and I had to be awake and presentable...all by 8:30 on a Saturday morning.

Fortunately, Jean knows how well her girls handle mornings and she made a Starbucks run for us. :-) It was a life saver! The chapel wasn't too far from the hotel, so the drive was simple. Not that I would normally announce this, but Kai knows her way around Stockton pretty well now...at least the University of the Pacific (UOP) side.

Before the rehersal, the bridal party kind of got to know each other...several of us had never met or only met a couple times. Jean and Spencer have some fantastic friends and family (if I do say so myself) so we had a blast!

After rehersal and the lunch, Jean, Grace and I drove back to Sacramento to pick up another of Jean's friends. By the time we got back to the hotel, I had about ten minutes to lay down and relax before the next scheduled activity.


After a quick break, it was time toget down to the serious business of partying! hehehe. The whole bridal party went across the street from the hotel to a pub called Basil's. It had a fun atmosphere, a good bartender, and strong drinks. T (the best man) and I hung out at the bar, drinking orchids and kamikazes, and talking shop. Cars, music, football, and haircolor. T rocks!!

A couple of drinks into the evening we all went for Mexican food...not the best plan under the sun; but better than we started out with. ;-)

T and I commenced to get very buzzed...very temporarily anyway. I ended up calling Joan and ranting and raving about the drama of the hotel...the fun I was having with T...the hotness of AJ...and the fact that in the middle of all the wedding talk, I really missed Clark. After I yelled (very politely, of course...and with a Southern drawl) at the front desk people, we discovered that Jean's steamer wasn't working on her dress. So, Grace, T and I volunteered to hit the local Tar-jay to replace the iron. T let me drive his brand new Hummer. :-D Yes kids, I was grinning like a hooker the whole time...I so want me one of them. The turning radius is better than my Lancer's. It is unbelievable!!

Ok enough for now. Ya'll have to wait for the rest of the story...work beckons and such.