Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Life's Too Long to Live It Like a Country Song

Image hosting by Photobucket



I’m waitin’ on the sun to set
'cause yesterday ain't over yet
I started smoking cigarettes,
there’s nothing else to do I guess
Dusty roads ain't made for walking,
spinning tires ain't made for stoppin’

I’m giving up on love 'cause love’s given up on me

I gave it everything I had
and everything I got was bad
Life ain't hard, but it’s too long
to live it like some country song
Trade the truth in for a lie,
cheating really ain't a crime

I’m giving up on love cause love’s given up on me

Forget your high society,
I’m soakin’ it in Kereosne
Light ‘em up and watch them burn,
teach them what they need to learn. HA!
Dirty hands ain't made for shakin’,
ain't a rule that ain't worth breakin’

Well I’m giving up on love cause love’s given up on me

Now I don’t hate the one who left
You can't hate someone who's dead.
He’s out there holding on to someone,
I’m holding up my smoking gun
I’ll find somewhere to lay my blame
the day she changes her last name

Well I’m giving up on love cause love’s given up on me
Well I’m giving up on love
HEY love's given up on me!

I'm not about to set anything (Or anyone) on fire but I am really feelin' this song these days. I am completely over with my Clark drama. I honestly don't care what he says or does anymore. I finally had the chance to prove it to myself...which is really all that matters when it comes down to it.

Oh, and I talked to JD yesterday. I really miss him. I know that things have to be this way, but it makes me a little sad. I truly miss him...sigh. Things should be getting better for him in the next few months, so perhaps that will carry over to us as well.


Remember a few months ago I wrote about the case work I was doing that might end up being important? Turns out I was right...more right than I knew at the time. It's finally time for some justice in JD's professional life. I worked on a case that is going to a hearing...'bout time this happened. I have a good feeling about it...everything I read says that JD has the statutes on his side. And coupled with other recent developments around this town...I think only good can result from this.

Sorry for the vagueness of the entry...I can tell all as of April 30th. I can't wait!! It's only 55 days from now. Despite my somewhat jaded view of love at the moment, my faith in life and justice has been restored a bit.