Saturday, August 05, 2006

Updates and requests

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Before I move on to the trivial matters, Miss Joan's good friend had a dehibilitating accident yesterday; so for those of you who pray, please send one his way...for those that don't, good thoughts help too. All my love and light, Joan.

It seems so silly to write about other things, in light of this event; but I know I've been rather MIA for the last week or two. I haven't hardly been in front of the computer let alone had any time to compose my thoughts or words.

Work is going well. Working a switchboard for eight hours a day is tiring, but the work is easy. The people I work with are fabulous! I haven't laughed so much in a long time. I truly miss working with D and FG every day; but I definitely enjoy having a job that I can leave at work each night.

After four years of working almost exclusively with women, I finally have a job where I'm surrounded by guys. It's a nice change. I get to be a smartass and instead of it making me appear disrespectful, it makes me fit in like one of the guys. There is one guy there that totally reminds me of my brother-in-law, James. From the bad jokes to the random comments to the grin and troublemaking attitude...he keeps me laughing and it's good 'cuz i miss my sissy and her whole crew a lot these days.

There are a few non-fun people there too, but the ratio makes it okay. Sometimes I do get funny stories out of it. Case in point: The other day I had my hair in pigtails (my hair's too heavy for a single ponytail, so if it has to be up, it's either in two french braids or pig tails). I frequntly gets comments about them, but never before had i entountered this:

I'm sitting at my desk and one of the drivers comes in...Grace has dubbed him the Energizer Idiot or EI for short.

Me: Hey, good afternoon.
EI: Wow, your hairstyle is very interesting.
Me: Umm...ok, I don't know if I'm supposed to say thank you or not.
EI: Well, I mean it's like a throw back to the 70's or something.
Me: umm...ok...
EI: But I mean you pull it off in like a modern way.
Me: Umm...ok...they're pigtails.
EI: Well it's like an old look but you like totally pull it off in a modern way and make it all interesting.
Me: That's really special, but usually it doesn't get you far to tell a girl she's interesting looking...just FYI.

After he left, one of the salesmen stood up and looked at me...he was in complete disbelief that the Energizer Idiot just wouldn't shut up. I told him that this was the first time I'd even been told that my pigtails were interesting...I'm used to other comments. His response: "Well interesting certainly wasn't going to be my word. Kinky school girl seems more appropriate, but suppse some people would just find that interesting...if they don't know what else to do with it."

Have I mentioned that I love where I work? hehehe. The salesguys rock. And some of the warehouse guys and drivers are fantastic. Speaking of...I am completely infatuated. No, he's not married. Yes, he is gainfully employed. Yes, he has a good relationship with his family. And he's cute as hell. He's one of our drivers and from the first day I met him, I was smitten. It's true. He makes me laugh all the time, he's sweet, and he's a rocker boy from SoCal... sideways hat, spacers and all.

Apparently he's just as infatuated with me...

Don't worry, I'll keep ya'll updated...hopefully i will have good stories to report. I kinda like this one, mom. ;-)