Thursday, July 20, 2006

humanistic esoteric superfragile undermiding comprehension sanity

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I am so glad that tomorrow is Friday, and as such is my last day at the law firm. I start my new job first thing Monday morning but I've been so busy and stressed out that I haven't even given myself time to think about it all. I spent time today cleaning out my office and that has made the transition more tangible. My coworkers are still in denial about me leaving, at least that's what they keep telling me.

In addition to my career change, my dad is in the midst of change himself. He officially retires on August 1st, though his last shift is the 27th. He will retire with 31 years in this department and a total of 35 years as a firefighter. This decision has been a long time coming though the timing has turned out to be rather abrupt. It was only a week ago that he signed the paperwork...we're all still reeling a bit...my dad included.

The main cause behind his expidited exit is my grandfather's health. Last Friday, he and g-ma went to the oncologist. They were finally given a no bullshit assessment...the doctor gave my grandfather two to three months. Grandpa has been in quite a bit of pain since June and he's been getting increasingly weaker. His spirits are still pretty good but the bad days are starting to almost equal the good.

They will take one final trip to Cali together next month. My nina is going to fly back to Tennessee to accompany them and my dad will take the return trip with them. It is my plan to spend a week there in September, whether it's to say goodbye to grandpa or to comfort g-ma remains to be seen. All in all, it's been a rather long week around here.

I'm doing the best I can, but the mania is swinging back around. I actually called JD tonight because I felt like I was losing control. I'm better now and I know that tomorrow is just another day. No, it's more than that...it's the last day I have to spend in the seventh circle of hell...I can't wait for my new adventure to begin.