Sunday, July 09, 2006

Come What May

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Ok, so I know posting has been sporadic at best lately, but I have a couple good reasons. I've been spending all my work time not consumed with actual work applying for different jobs. I have to say, job hunting is incredibly time-consuming. Anyway, I had an iterview on Friday with a company in Sacramento. It's a high call volume reception position with a hefty pay raise and benefits. From the moment I talked to the manager on the phone I knew he was the kind of person I would want to work for. On Friday however, my life was an example of Murphy's Law.

It takes twenty minutes from my front door to the building where I was to interview. I left my house 50 minutes before I my appointment. I got to the general area without incident and then all hell broke loose. I was supposed to end up on West National street but I missed a turn adn ended up on National West...they are two different streets...and they don't intersect. When I finally found my way, I was five minutes late for my interview. Foretunately, the manager was running late as well. I know I interview well; I always have, but I didn't give a particularly stunning interview this time around...or so I thought...I struggled to be articulate and I think I forgot all the good buzz words I know. I'm pretty sure I was more irreverant than one is supposed to be and most likely I talked too much.

Apparently I must have said something right because he basically waxed poetic about my interview, my speaking skills and his general impression of me...I have a meeting with he and the general manager tomorrow morning so they can make me an offer. I might be out of the law firm soon after all. I even told them about the ORISE job being a possibility...it's not a problem they say. So we shall see what tomorrow brings.

Wish me luck!!