Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Still Breathing

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I know I've been quite absent as of late. This weekend was insane. I was outside all weekend long at a fire muster with my cadets. It was 115 degrees here with 50% humidity Saturday and Sunday. I was so exhausted when I got home that I crashed out each night.

Then Saturday night, I had a moment of complete gracefulness and fell my ass all the way down our stairs. I sprained my left ankle and pulled all the ligaments in my foot and my achilles tendon and I hyper-extended my knee. I'm all bruised and swollen but otherwise intact. My ankle is still a lovely shade of purple and my left side has a cankle where an ankle used to reside. I do hope my ankle returns to its normal size soon...I want to wear my cute shoes again!! Oh and walking normally would be a plus as well.

And now, on to other important things. My first day at work was yesterday. It went well I think. I didn't hang up on anyone (I only answered a few calls) and I survived, so it was pretty much a success any way you look at it. Today was even better. I answered phones all day adn only made a few mistakes. (I am the switchboard for about 55 different people/extensions some of which are outside lines which requires a whole series of numbers in order to transfer.)

The girl training me is fantastic! We get along really well and she is not only patient but she has a sense of humor. We're about the same age and it's been a blast so far. Oh, and did I mention I work with a bunch of guys again? I am so loving that. I truly loved the girls i worked with at the firm; but i have missed working with men. There is so much less drama when it comes to working with guys. That and I think they tell funnier jokes...I now work in a warehouse environment so it's right up my alley. Some of the guys are hot besides. Ooh...I so almost jumped on our Brinks guy...he is one of the hottest men i have seen in a long while...it's nice.

Finally, I heard from ORISE yesterday afternoon...they want to schedule another interview with me some time this week or next. I'm trying not to let myself get excited; but it's difficult not to. I may have a shot at a dream job yet. I'll keep ya'll posted when I find out more.

And, in the spirit of interviews, one of my favorite characters of all time: