Friday, July 29, 2005

Physical Sunshine, Emotional Storm


I quit!! I don’t want to play anymore. I am resigning my adulthood as of today and I am going back to five. That was a good year for me. I had no worries, I could read to entertain myself and I could take naps if I wanted to.

Today has been more stressful than I can even begin to put into words. I would break down and cry, but I don’t have the energy. I know that if I fall apart I will have to put myself back together as everyone in my life is having drama of their own…and to be perfectly honest…I don’t have the energy or emotional stability to put myself back together right now.

The “moving plan” has been just that. It has changed (I am not exaggerating at all) ten times today…did I mention today is only half over?? I am exhausted already. Grace and I get on a plane at 9pm tonight and fly back to San Diego. Tomorrow we go to Temecula and help move our furniture downstairs so that we can load it up on Monday. (yep, that’s right, Monday now instead of Sunday) Sunday we will spend the day cleaning the apartment and finishing the packing.

Monday morning we get the Uhaul and load it up. We then drive it and the car to Temecula again so that Uncle Jeff can help us load the furniture and trailer our car properly. Then we drive up to Lancaster, unload half the truck and reload it with things from Grace’s parents house. We’ll spend the night there and first thing Tuesday morning we will make the drive back up to the valley.

Tuesday afternoon, hopefully we will have S back in town to sign paperwork so we can move in. The complex is being really inflexible about when we three sign the lease papers. So if all goes as planned (hahahahahahahahaha) we will move in Tuesday night and Wednesday morning. I am already going to have to take Wednesday off from work in addition to the first two days. Sigh.

That is the vary brief version and I left out most of the variables. Everything is up in the air and I hate that. I am pretty flexible but I am about hitting my breaking point…it also doesn’t help that I have to ask my dad for money and I haven’t seen him for more than ten minutes in a row for at least two weeks. I hate that regardless…oy…I need his calm right now…since I’m pretty sure calling JD is out of the question for now…I need someone to tell me things are going to work out…so I figure my dad could be good for that.

The worst part is that my drama isn’t the biggest one occurring in our family right now…it’s true: when it rains; it pours…and today I think it’s hailing.

Posted by Picasa