Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Back to Cali

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I'm now back in Cali and trying to get back into the swing of life here. My trip was wonderful, emotional and over far too soon.

I spent most of the week with my grandparents. It was a relaxing and illuminating experience. G-ma and i sat and talked for hours every day over seemingly endless cups of Newfie tea. I visited with great aunts that I hadn't seen since I was a small child and a few cousins I hadn't seen for years either.

I spent my last weekend at my sister's house. It was chaotic and loud and fantastic. My little ones are getting so very big! Lil Bit is speaking clearly and and all the time now. Even Baby Gan is growing up. He talks quite a bit too. My Bana Bear is almost as tall as I am and C Man is taller than me by more than a few inches.

It was really good to spend time with George and Elizabeth as well. I hadn't seen them in way too long and as soon as the five of us (TG, James, George, Elizabeth and I) were together it was as though no time had passed.

We had a mini house party on Friday night and "Cookie got drunk at Vogue". I was mixing drinks (I introduced the boys to Irish Car Bombs) and ended up drinking a whole bottle (granted it was the smaller size) of Kahlua all by myself. Good times. I called MOH in the middle of my evening to share stories and the lightning storm.

I so love lightning storms. I'm not much for rain...but thunder and lightning definitely make me happy. I sat outside watching the lighning and the fire flies. It was wonderfully relaxing.

I have much more to say, but unfortunately no more time to say it at the moment. I will try to get caught up soon. Plus, I have been tagged by the wonderful Ms. Judy and I need to respond.